Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you think about this?

I'm a British citizen and need a green card to live in the U.S. About three months ago, I applied for a new one. I went down there with my mom and we got out fingerprints taken. I have no fingers on my right hand and therefore had to be put down as an amputee. Ten days later my mom gets her green card in the mail. The next post, I get a letter saying I had to go back down there.
I go down there and completely baffle them as to why i am there. I am cleared, so there is no problem with my application. THey finally figure out that I just need to get my picture retaken, but when the guy tried to take my picture, he got all confused about how to put in my right index finger print as I don't have one. I finally did get my green card, but it was a lot of trouble.
THis guy who worked there also said that "amputees" often get called back because they have to make sure that everything is right. THe truth is, the green card wouldn't print without my right index fingerprint.
Answers:
It sounds like typical bureaucratic hoops you have to jump through. Since 911 they are even more strict. Sorry for the inconvenience but welcome to America.
Sounds like they have a training issue here. It's probably in a manual somewhere what they need to do,but who opens up manuals?
That why oaths in this country, for various legal matters, had to be changed.
Of sound mind and body was considered discrimination, and they removed the part about body.
Government beauracracy at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net