Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do I do?

ok, so I went to the Superdrug in Clapham and bought 2 things, each 拢1.99. So that adds up to a total of 拢3.98. I put 2 notes on the counter, a 拢10 and a 拢5 because I wasn't sure how much they costed. The 2 notes were rolled up in a ball and when I left, I only got 拢1.02 change. I went back and said, I paid you 拢15 and you only gave me 拢1.02. Then the man said that I only gave him 5 and I denied that I did. I made it clear I paid 拢15. I checked my pockets and the counter and I was absolutely sure that I put 15 on the counter. Then another lady cashier person came up and showed me all the notes and said that these were all they had. Everyone was looking at me like I was doing something completely wrong when I was just saying that I should have gotten 拢10 more. Then after denying that I paid only 拢5, I left the store. What do I do now??
Answers:
Write to the head office and tell them your dilema. They will check the till for today and if it was 拢10 up they will refund you.
I used to work in retail and you do get alot of people trying it on. They should have offered to check at the end of the day for you and refunded if the till was up as above.
I would find out where the guy lives and egg his house but a smart thing would just be to get on with life. if we worry about every 拢10 we waste we'll be totally pissed 24/7
I'm afraid once you've left the store, there is nothing you can do. Shops often have a notice stating that you should check your change, as mistakes cannot be rectified once you have left the store.
well yes u got yr self into a bad situation but try to take more care but lookin and listening 2 the counter person and makin sure u heard him correctly and after makin sure u no how much it is thenput up the nearest amout of money to the amount but u cant do much more rather then pay more atention
stupidity has no recourse in law ,you have no proof so therefore no case.
so many people try that on can you blame the staff being negative in replacing your money you can only email the office of the company and you'll only get it if they have had a good day! don't give much for your chances
well, i suppose the main thing to look at here is.
never put money on the shop counter, until you've been told the cost.

I'm sorry to say,
this time you can forget the ten dollars and just chalk it down as a lesson of life.
I'm sure you Will be more cautious next time.
good luck
l
You could go into the store and say if you don't get your money back you are going to make a allegation of theft to the police. which you can indecently do. If this person took your money on purpose then it is a criminal offence. The Police will have to investigate it is unlikely to get your far however but if you the cashier who took your money nervous enough to give you it back. Also complain to head office and inform him your going to do it.
You could persist, hoping for a miracle in the form of the person at the till having a conscience and actually holding onto the 拢10 to pay you next time you come in, but I think that it is a forlorn hope. Something similar happened to me some months ago, when I paid for a small number of groceries with a large note because I wanted some change. The girl at the till gave me change consistent with my having given her a small note, whereupon I protested. She insisted that she had no such large note in her till, but I stood my ground (with the queue behind me nodding approval) and eventually moved behind her and produced the note from where she had deliberately concealed it. I got my change (under protest) and made a complaint to management -- but nothing happened. I have since discovered that she is the wife of the owner! The manager feared for his job! I don't shop there any more and advise all and sundry to avoid the place.
learn from your mistakes, they have those 'please check your change before leaving the store' notices for legal reasons, once you leave the store after seeing that notice youve accepted that your change is correct legally. You could try writing to head office but dont expect to get far im afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net