Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do I have to say in court if I did not have car insurance on my car?

last January my insurance end up and I didn't know until February I called my insurance and told them I will post the payment but the day before I posted I had a car accident it wasn鈥檛 my fault someone hit me but it was a really bad car accident. Now I have a court b/c I didn鈥檛 have insurance at that time. I never been in any court so I am somewhat afraid and I don鈥檛 know what should I tell the judge.
Answers:
If you weren't ticketed for the accident, no harm no foul. Just make sure you have current insurance when you go to court. That can be done online today, right this minute.

I got a ticket for a rear end collision without insurance and the person I hit didn't even show up for court. The power of persuasion gets you everywhere.
You won't have to tell the judge anything. Unless you can prove that you had insurance, the charge will stick.

It is up to you to provide proof that the charge of no insurance is false. Something you can't do.

Most courts will reduce the fine or penalties if you can show that you have current insurance or immediately following the incident, you renewed the coverage.

But that won't change the liability you will face in civil court regarding the damages.
get insurance before you go and bring the proof to court. this will not get you out of trouble but it may lower the fine. you will only get a fine and you can make payments if you have too.
contact a lawyer

you are quite fortunate that the 'bad accident' was not your fault

in all likelyhood, the charge of no insurance will be hard to beat

never, ever let your insurance lapse again - an accident occuring during a lapse is called 'Murphy's law'

"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time"
You should consult with a traffic-law lawyer. If you are about to loose your license the amount of your fines may justify the cost of hiring a lawyer. If you go on your own, you should tell the truth, apologize, accept the responsibility, tell the judge about your financial losses (wrecked car-no insurance) and ask the judge for a lenient sentence. Good luck. Ohh. and make sure you get insurance if you can still drive the car.
I had the same problem a few months before. Let me give you an ultimate solution. Just try the following website. You will not have to search again and again. Trust me. Here is the link

http://www.usalegalcare.com/

best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net