Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do I do about a public urination charge in Illinois?

I have recently received a ticket for public urination in downtown Chicago. What type of crime is this considered and how will it show up on my record? I really need to know how to approach this so it won't get on my record so a potential employer can never find it. Should I get a lawyer or just pay the $100 fine and plead guilty?
Answers:
if it only has a $100 fine, I would say this is not a serious offense, but everything on your record could be viewed by a employer. Most employers are looking for things that could make you a potential problem for their company, IE theft, rape, assault, etc.They do this as a way to prevent hiring someone that may steal, harass other employees, or have a problem handling themselves. I would not worry over a small thing like this, as many employers may not care that you made a stupid decision to urinate in public.
$100 v. Lawyer Costs.

I'm going with the $100.
At the risk of stating the obvious, did it occur to you that not draining your lizard in public would be a good start. I understand that when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

However, a 100 fine isn't that big of a deal. You should ask an attorney in your area whethe it will show up on any background checks. Look at it like this, if the police wanted to be dicks they could have charged you with indecent exsposure which is far worse than a 100 ticket.
You did it, pay the fine.

Then find a bathroom like the rest of the world does. Adults who pee in public are low-lifes.
Like someone else said "they could have charged you with indecent exposure " and this Will really go in you record as a sexual offense. You lucky you got a ticket, but you need to find out if when you pay for it , if it is over with, like a traffic ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net