Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you think about money?

Do you think that it's crazy that we work our *** off for pieces of paper? I mean to work 40 hours a week for green pieces of paper is crazy to me. But if we stopped using money what else would we use for currency? Trade? Is money a good thing instead of trade?
Answers:
Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice--there is no other.
you need it to survive
I like money. I don't see how credit would be possible under a barter system. =P
i think its corrupting the world and people so
If there were no curency then we would go "back" to using trade or barter-ship. No your not crazy I have often thought that money isent really worth its value. Paper is more less a note to say that this is how much gold you have, and you dont carry around gold nuggets like they did back in the old days.
YOU... and Every Body... ELSE. simply. TRADES THEIR... TIME. at work. for the Funny Green. STUFF!

YOU... can't live without IT?

Thanks, RR

Love the UK. TOO!
I do as well - It seems odd and sureal to me somtimes to look at that piture of Queen Elizabeth on a 20 - and know it is somehow connected to me eating -

I would like to go back to more of a barter system

It can be done - there are groups dedicated to it - In our society though money can not be replaced - it's use and need can be lowered but not to zero


The idea of barter - ensures that if your willing to do somthing you won't starve and it is near impossible to become rich - I think both of those things are good -


Some in our society have far too much and do nothing for anyone - they contribute little to society -

Barter is a way of limiting their power and limiting someone else's likelyhood of starving - I support both of these concepts

But as to the money itself Yes I have often had that thought as I look at a picture of the Queen on the 20 and Sir John A on the 10


Hmmmm that = an hour of my time ? How does that work any way
Well for one thing it's easier to use money to trade with then other things. I mean I'd rather have a wallet with 20 bucks in it then having to drive and walk around with a pig or a cow on a rope. Just seems more practical.
Bartering with goods is far less exploitable than currency. This is what civilizations did before currency was invented.
It's ridiculous that we let money rule our lives! I wish the stuff was never invented! Money causes people to do horrible things! And act in horrible ways!!
I think it would be cool if currency and wealth in general were something that could not be hoarded, but must be kept in the economy to avoid disintigration.

After all, the wealth of a society is in the FLOW of money, in the consistency and volume of trade, not in big sacks of money under M.S. CEO's house.
the money is not every thing in this life Ithink that sharing love with people and feel their pain and help them making you very happy be happy friend
Money is simply a means of facilitating transactions. The money itself holds no intrinsic value, only our willingness to accept it for goods and services makes it valuable.

How do I know that? If some horrible disaster happened, and disrupted our manufacturing and transportation systems, money would quickly become worthless as things like food, water, gasoline, and medicine would rapidly become more valuable.

That being said, it's too difficult to keep stores of valuable items for trade with local and far away merchants. Money enables us all to buy and sell easily. It doesn't have to be dollars or Euros. Those are just the means our governments picked and that we are OK with.
Money to me is no big deal. I've lived without it most of my life and I too have worked hard to get it. It's just how life works. You work, get money, pay bills, and are broke again. It's a vicious cycle that never ends. Money makes trade easier. I think we would all be working just as hard at bartering w/o money as we do with it. So in essence money is bartering. Money isn't the root of all evil itself its the people that spend it. So if money was absent from the equation it wouldn't really matter. People would still be ruled by some form of greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net