Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do i do when my checkbook is lost/stolen?

today my checkbook fell out of my pocket 2 times,..the second i did not notice. when i went back to check the places it could be(middle of the street, towing my father), it was not there. :(
Answers:
You need to call your bank asap and close this account. They will put out notifications that this account is closed and possible fradulent activity can occur (they red flag itin the system). Next you need to notify the police..you will need verification that you are taking steps to fix this in case something happens and they wont assume its you trying to pass it off on someone else. Then call and get a copy of your credit report, you are entitled to a free copy every year. Monitor this, because if someone stole it, your information is now out there. Good luck, I hope this helps.
call the bank and then the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net