Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you all think of the PC police. me i say lock them up?

i am sick and tired of people getting there feel bads hurt are you.
Answers:
PC is a form of communism and is a way to stop free thought.
Like all things, there needs to be a balance between being sensitive to the feelings of others and just getting things done.
I try to consider the person's overall meaning before I tap dance all over them. However, if I detect a trend, then I usually have to speak up. The problem with letting it go is two-fold. If the person speaking wants to be heard and not disregarded, they need to know that they are offending others.(otherwise, the listener thinks you are a big stupid Yahoo, and you really don't want that either do you??!!) On the other hand, the rest of us need to calm down a little as well and grow a thicker skin. It is a balance! Always a balance!
Don't deliberately offend! Don't immediately assume that they did it on purpose! Can we meet in the middle some place? Hope so!
You have a right to be offended if you don't like what I say, but that doesn't prevent me from having the right to say what I wish. You too have the right to say what you wish and if I'm offended then too bad for me.
There is a quote I always think of when the idea of politically correct polite speak comes up:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Attributed to Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net