Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do i do if someone reverses into me, appoligises says they will pay then wants to go through insurence?


Answers:
Let their insurance pay for it, if a police report was not done, go down to the police station and fill out a station report to cover your behind, in case they try telling their insurance you hit them.
Seek competent legal counsel, file a claim with your/their insurance company. Hope you can prove they reversed into you.
go through insurance it wont hurt yours at all only theirs. The person knows its not your fault so it won't hurt to go through insurance, just theirs
Hopefully, you have their details. Write down all you remember about the incident. Inform your insurance company immediately.
id file a police report, and tell your insurance and theirs.
You only usually need to advise the police if someone has been hurt. If you have any witness addresses, contact them and contact your own insurance company pronto. Advise them exactly where you were and what you were doing when you were hit. You need to be careful that they don't try and say you were both reversing at the same time because that would be classed as 50 50 and they would claim off their insurance and you would have to claim off your insurance, which will put your premium up at renewal.
Well, having their insurance pay is a form of payment, so my answer would be...let them pay.

Oh, I get it...you just want the cash.
go thru ins...or go to the bank and get cash..
go through the insurance
If someone reverses into you then it is YOUR choice how that is resolved, if the other person accepts liability. If they want to have it taken to a garge and repaired at their cost then that is up to you. You have every right to have it repaired through the insurance company. Obviously if they don't accept liability then the insurance will decide anyway who is at fault.
Just a quick note,

Bear is legally correct, however, if you read your policy documents, somewhere in the small print it will say that you are bound to report to them every and each accident.
This recently happened to me. My car was parked outside my house and another car was reversed out of a driveway on the other side of the road. The driver was very upset but I advised her to calm down because nobody had been hurt.
I took my car to a repair shop and the quotation amounted to just under 拢1K. The other driver was, at first, prepared to consider paying me but her partner insisted on 'going through the insurance'.
I was telephoned by the other driver's Insurance Company who suggested, as their client had admitted liability to them, as well as me, that I let them deal with the claim and repair.
However, my Insurance Company gave me a distinct impression that this was unwise as my claim, if I was not satisfied with the repair, would rest with me and the other party's Insurance Company.
All interest was taken by my Company and the car was repaired to my entire satisfaction.
Sold it in part ex for a new car to be delivered on 1st September at over top book price (Glass' Guide prices)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net