Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do I do if a jury summons has come in the mail while I am on vacation?

I am currently in London and my family has told me that a jury summons has come for me though the mail. I have absolutely no money to come back early. The date is 4 days before I return to the USA. What can I do?
Answers:
Notify the Court Administrator or the Jury Commissioner and tell him or her that you are out of the country and will not be available for jury service.
Have your family call the court coordinator - they will give you a new date.
I suggest for you to call the telephone number on the back of the Jury Summons. You can speak with the Court Clerk, most likely they will ask for "proof" that you are in fact in London.

Be ready to write down their fax telephone number and have a copy of your airline tickets to fax it to them.

I would also keep for my records the facsimile transmittal sheet. This will say the time and date that you faxed it to the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net