Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you think about the smoking ban starting in on 1st July at 6 am?

i think it is a disgraceful that they banned smoking in public by
August drinking bubbly in public will be banned lol
Answers:
I think it's great!

I smoked from when I was 13 till 33 (when i got pregnant,) now I am very happy to say I haven't smoked for 4 years. I really don't want my son to smoke and with this ban making it more difficult for smokers I hope he won't start.
I do feel sorry for the smokers as it must feel like they are being victimised, but passive smoking causes cancer and it is time the non-smokers where protected.
It would be wonderful if this helped give smokers the push they need to quit. All of my friends and family who smoke are trying to quit, I actually only have 3 close family and friends who smoke.

Any way end of rant, I'll get of my soap box and they better not ban bubbly lol
I'm all for ANYTHING that bans smoking ANYWHERE
they should make a room for people to smoke in
well i dont smoke so im glad -- sorry that you feel that way xx
Its great news, its just pathetic that its taken this long!!
i think the ones passing legilation like this need a lit cigar shoved up their a**
i think its a gd think as a lot of people do not smoke and smoking causes alot of problems
In a way im all for it as wont be going home all stinking of smoke, but on the other hand all my mates smoke so ill be stuck inside while the party's going on out there!!
IT IS A GREAT IDEA because now smokers can't give 2 year olds passive lung cancer.
Unemployment will rise in the long run when this law takes effect.
in scotland its already been banned.
in ways its really good as im not a smoker but my mum and some other my friends are. but when i go for meals and stuff it feels better as smoke isnt all around and that.
but just today i found out when my mum has vistors at the house like imporantant people or people from school ect.. she isit aloud to smoke coz its public or somthing now i think that rediculas we should be aloowed to do what we want in our own house!
so im half and half!
its all gonna go up in SMOKE i can see it coming off
I think it's great. Why should I have to breathe your filthy dangerous fumes?
Where is this at? I know here a new law just went into effect, no smoking in bars and restaurants and also on city property, which includes parks. It is a good thing I have just recently quit smoking and I can even smell people in stores who have been smoking before they came into the store, it is nasty and to think I used to smell like that.
Straight up Non Smoking I'm pro, the rest someone dictating what to do I'm con, but , at the end of the day non smokers shouldn't have to put up with us, I'm a smoker, and i believe it will do us some good and all.
As for Bubbly, i don't think you have to worry for a while , the whole country is on a no smoke zone, lmao.
I do not smoke, do not like the smell and due to asthma have breathing troubles if I am in a smokey atmosphere. But I think it is totally wrong for such a law to exist, there are far too many of these silly laws saying what we can and cannot do.
if people want to kill themselves by getting lung cancer, infections and heart disease from their fags. let them do it in their own homes and not around people who want to live... ecspecially kids
it is good and it is bad
Govt cannot make such decisions which simply satisfies a small group of people.Probably they must bring a consensus and then put forward there ban .
Yeah! About time, too!
I think it's disgusting to be exposed to second hand smoke!

Smokers always like to brag that they are "considerate" of non-smokers yet every time I'm at a parade, a fair, concert, etc. they are smoking right in the middle of everyone!

Since they disrespect others--they deserve this ban!!

Don't even get me started about all of the cigarette butts that smokers toss on sidewalks, streets, grass, etc.
yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me... why we want to pick certain things and label them as bad and attempt to ban. i.e. smoking in public, marijuana, etc.. do people not realize there are other things just as bad? do people not realize addiction and unhealthy lifestyles are not limited to smoking and drinking? more people die each year due to obesity, by far, than they do from smoking/drinking. or how about the internet/tv? ..anything can be addictive if you let it. i dunno, i'm just sick of people sitting on their high horse trying to direct everyone's lives.
I think it is a good thing. The only bad thing is that it took so long for it to come around.
I agree with this.
Just thinking that while I wait for the train in the morning there won't be anybody next to me rushing to finish the last cigar before the next train arrives ...
Absolutely brilliant. It's been banned here in Ireland for a couple of years and it's the best thing ever - even smokers agree!
If they didn't sell the cigarettes if the first place we wouldn't be having this talk. I think drinking is bigger problem than smoking. I just don't understand all this in the 80's every body smoked and you could smoke in all the restraints. Now a days people are just so stuck up that is isn't funny.
Heart disease is still the number one killer in this country. The number one cause of heart disese is being over wheight so we should made it ill legal to serve fat people at public places to eat. Cars put out deadly gases so us outlaw driving. Drunk drivers kill innocent people so thats the end of alcohol. And the list goes on and on by the way I don't smoke.
i think its great!
we were in Dublin last year and everyone was fine about it !and it was wonderful to go home without smelling like an ashtray!!
oh and by the way there are ares in London Chester and Liverpol that ban drinking in public places! keeps the winos away!!
Before I start I'll tell you all now, I'm a non smoker. However, I'm appalled at the hysterical screaming and ranting of the anti-smoking mob. There should be rooms set aside for smokers. After all, they pay far more in taxes than non-smokers and cost the N.H.S. no more than most people. Lung cancer usually kills fairly quickly. I'm becoming more than a little worried about these pressure groups. Although they are mostly in the minority they are given far more attention than is justified. Someone in the vegetarian section of Q%26A wants a tax put on meat and meat products. The cheek!
personally i cried and it gets worse in September the smoking age will go up to 18 , i only just got legal !!!
is drinking in public places apart from licenced premises not already banned

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net