Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do i need to do to file a small claims lawsuit?

i want to sue my father who stiffed me on a sale for a car. i sold him my jeep but he never finished paying me, now the jeep is trashed or totaled or whatever. i have a contract stating how much he still owes which he signed and i still have the title to the jeep. he owes $269. but im worried if i take him to court he wont even show up. if he doesnt show will i win my case and how do i go about getting it done
Answers:
If your father does not show up you win the case. He has to pay your court costs. After you win the case, the collection is the problem. Attaching his bank account or his check at his job if he has one.
you have a contract, now you need a court to enforce it. then you get a judgement. then you need luck to get the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net