Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do i do if i receive a Writ of Summon? Need to pay Diesel Co. the balance payment.?

A diesel company wanted me to pay a balance of $15,000 and his lawyer's letter for $500.00 and I agreed to pay $1,000.00 every month but the company refused to agree to my request and told his lawyer to issue a writ of summon to me. I'm very worried if i can't pay the total sum to them now, i need to attend court and will have to pay more. I just dont understand why they cant agree to me paying $1000.00 a month when i've explain to them that my business has been very bad and its the truth.
Answers:
You did not mention which country are you from, thus it's difficult to give advise, as different countries may have different law.
But generally, as a creditor, they have the right to accept any form of instalment payment other than a full payment. A writ of summon is issued by the Court for you to attend appearance in Court to answer a complain. Certain countries will allow you to negotiate with the creditor on payment before actually go on trail.
A "Writ of Summons" is an order directing a person to appear in court to answer a complaint.
Personally I don't worry about stuff like that, if they won't take what you can give them don't give them anything, make them attempt to take it by force! Who do they think they are the IRS? I won't even pay the IRS what they think I owe them, and I never will either. The best a judgment will get them is 25% of your earnings. I would remove any and all money from the bank so it can't be seized, do it quickly though so that when a judge askes you how much money you have in the bank you can say nothing and not be lying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net