Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What do you think of the smoking ban?

- 1st of July, smoking ban UK.
Answers:
it is wonderful. They should ban smoking all together
i agree with it
i want to live longer
forget them if they re emssing up their lungsand cutting their lifespans by 10-50 YEARS!!
let them die
not me
first off, im not a smoker, and i dont like people who single out an entire group, people say we need to be more tolerant to gays, muslims, etc. but they cant see that they tax and ban these people
i am against the smoking bans. i feel it should be up to the businesses to ban smoking in their establishments.
One day isnt' going to do a lot. You want to make a stand, then make it more than one day. Personally, I don't care
we had a smoking ban in columbia missouri, and its great. im allergic to smoke and so when i go in places its fresh air, and you dont have to sit in the back because of smoking or w.e! i love it way more! and it doesnt make your food taste nasty
I like it. I like it a lot.
I think that it is wonderful. Wherever you are, whether teh US, the UK or elsewhere, I think people should be allowed to breathe clean air. It may be your choice to smoke, fine if you choose to do, but don't make otehr people wo have chosen not to smoke breathe it in
its pretty oppressive to me but we smokers are second class citizens according to the health nazi's look we are all gonna die anyways why not go out with a smoke in your hand and medicine is advancing so quickly youll be able to get fake lungs soon so quit complaining and light up people say its bad and it causes cancer and they want to be able to breath free. well i want to be able to enjoy my smoke. and are we gonna ban everything thats dangerous to us. what about mcdonalds what about beer (tried the beer thing in america and that only got us more crime) are we gonna ban the sun it causes cancer. why dont you take your head out of your butt and put your lips on one
its good. i think its rude to smoke in public places. not only are u killing urself but u r killing the ppl around you by secondhand smoke. its a good thing that it is now banned.
Great idea. Second hand smoke causes cancer, and breathing problems for those who do not smoke. If smokers want to kill themselves, fine, but don't kill others with their filthy habit.
I think that it is great. It is so much nicer now to go into a bar or even a restaurant or bowling alley and not walk out and smell like a big cigarette. I am not a smoker but I had friends that were and even they thought that it was a lot nicer. It is especially helpful for people that have bad Asama and can't be around smoke, not to mention how bad second hand smoke is for people to inhale. That passed in Washington before I moved and I loved it.
I like that the restuarants have clean air in the US. I'm not sure how stricked the ban in the UK is but I wouldn't want peoples rights to be taken away completely. I do want my child to breath fresh air though.
I'm not sure what your smoking ban involves...but in the state of Maine, smoking is not allowed in any public buildings, including bars. It's so nice not to have to sit in a restaraunt with that stench.
Thats great! I only wish it would spread to the United States. My docter said I have a strange diasease type thing that if I smell smoke I will hold my breath until its gone. Now I really want to take a trip to the U.K
Tobacco is Extremely harmful and dangerous. Only the profiteers want to keep it legal.
We will have a similar ban here in Minnesota, United States, starting on October 1. It will be good for those who work in places like bars, restaurants, or pubs, as they are not exposed to potentially dangerous second-hand smoke every day. It is almost a violation of the business owners right to privacy and freedom to make decisions that affect his/her business (not sure what kind of rights or freedoms are guaranteed in UK, but this could be considered a violation of the property rights here in the USA).

As with anything, there are pros and cons. Overall, I think it will be a good thing. People still can choose to smoke, they is only restrictions on where they can or cannot smoke.
i like the idea of a smoking ban in public places. people who choose not to smoke should not have to be in places where those who have chossen to smoke are. likewise with children, they cannot tell us that they don't want to be exposed to the smoke, and they haven't yet made their choice as to whether or not they will smoke.
i live in Canada and we have a smoking ban for public places, and any business. theres been talk that they want to extend it to personal vehicles. because of the kids thing
Great.
It's just another freedom lost. Non smokers love it - but wait until there are laws forbidding them to walk their dog on city streets or drink coffee!

For the record, I don't smoke!
I agree with any ban of smoking anywhere outside your own home. You have the right to chose to smoke, but those of us subjected to second hand smoke are never asked if we'd like to breathe it. You should not be allowed to smoke outside your own home, where you and your family make the choice to shorten your lives.
I am for the smoking ban.

The fact is it should be illegal to smoke, it doesnt just damage your body but others too.

My mother smoked while she was pregnant with my sister, but only like a pack a week.

My sister has terrible asthma and is in and out of the hospital all the time with pnuemonia, ear infections, etc. My sister has to go through all that by no choice of her own.

Thats what smokers put the public through.

I love to sing kareoke and I no longer can because even though there's a ban, they dont listen and so I cant go because my best friend has a brain hemmorhage and if she breathes in just a little smoke a few times it can cause her to stroke again.

So Im for the ban. Once it goes into affect that they'll be fined if they dont obey it, we'll finally be able to enjoy life.

And excuse me, but I take offense to the fact that you consider muslims to smokers. I am Jewish and often get singled out, and its very different. Smokers choose to slowly kill themselves for a few minutes of pleasure (basically a fix from drugs), whereas this is my religion and lifestyle, and its a positive healthy thing.
If people want to kill themselves with it.. that's their decision. But they have no right to do it to the rest of us.
I think that private businesses should be allowed to declare themselves as "smoking" or "non-smoking" and let the customer choose which to patronize.

Next the big brother government will ban sugar or sushi.
Leslie G. - I live in Springfield, and there is a city-wide ban on smoking in public place. That is fine with me, but when they say that smoking is eliminated in private establishments (restaurants, bars., etc.) that's where it goes too far. It's not the gov'ments business to tell private businesses how they're going to run their business. If one doesn't like smoking in an establishment, then they don't have to go there. Let economics decide how they're going to run their business. (It's called the free enterprise system.) By the way, I'm a non-smoker. Have been all my life. Hate it. But not to the point that private businesses need to be told by the gov'ment how to run it.
i have a very sad news to any one who thinks smoking is the only cause of dirty air or pollutions.

if we all gather all smokers who smoke from every where and put them on only one place, still the rest of you none smokers will breath toxic air.

so do not accuse us that we the smokers are the only ones who are responsible for the toxic air on the planet.

look around i am sure you all can find much more dangerous
fumes coming out of factory's, toxic waist planes and so on and on.
I wish they'd expand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do I do © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net